Non-existent phantom links

Giordano Bruno

I move three worksheets that are entirely self-contained to a new workbook and find that the source workbook is now linked to the new workbook. If I delete all sheets except one virgin sheet and remove all names from the source workbook, the link still exists (and cannot be broken). Alternatively, I can save (and get the message about saving with reference to unsaved documents) and close the source workbook. When I reopen the workbook, the links have vanished. Does anyone know what is the problem and how I can break the non-existent links without closing the workbook?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Links can also be in Conditional formatting as well as named ranges - might be worth looking at those as well?

Upvote 0
Links can also be in Conditional formatting as well as named ranges - might be worth looking at those as well?
Hi George, There are no real links since they are apparently there when I delete everything except a single virgin worksheet, yet when I simply save and close the workbook, they disappear.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back