Not a Question Just FYI

deletedalien

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all! :)

So this morning when i came in and ran all of my 32 morning reports AND sending them all to their corresponding recipients i started getting emails that one of the fields in them was missing!!!... of course i was like WHAT THE HELL!!!!

well... thinking back i had like a major excel crash on friday where everything was collapsing including one specific pivot table where i count unique instances of Agents per time slots.

so after looking at the data and finding out that apparently 6:30 AM was not the same as 6:30 AM (stick with me here) i started to dig MUCH deeper in to this and finally fixed my reports by going to each and every cell in those 32 reports and hitting F2 then enter to fix them..... Seriously......

ok that part was fixed now how did that happen and how can i fix it... Well the culprit was my pivot table... (i run this pivot in another workbook and just copy paste the values from that pivot to the report that i sent out, to keep that report light) after having to rebuild this table i didn't notice that it had a different time format (aligned to the left but still h:mm:ss AM/PM) Turns out this is what it SHOWED but was formatted as general... and after digging much MUCH deeper i found out that ONE cell in my raw data (source data in another sheet) mistakenly had a letter instead of time and for THAT reason the pivot got "confused" and could no longer format as time....

apparently it is ESPECIALLY important to make sure our data is correct when you are creating a pivot table and checking the option to "add this data to the data model"

anyway just releasing some stress and hoping that my experience helps someone on this board in at least one way or another.

Just make sure to CHECK OUR DATA hahaha

have a good one everyone ;)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back