Not an easy one - sorry!

stuartk812

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
OK I need some help!! I'm (trying) to pull together a file before going away on a golf trip.

I've managed to get to a point where I have an individual score sheet, with scoring boxes for 5 days. I then also have a "team" tab.

Now what I need....

When we're away, we do a draw each night to see whos score yours will be paired with each day. So say on Day 1, even tho Jean has played her round with Tommy, her Day 1 partner on the sheet may be drawn as Kath.

I would like to be able to select a drop down on the team score tab for the partner, and for it to then work out the combined scores of the 2 people for that day.

So, if I select Kath as Jeans partner on Day 1, the sheet then combines Jeans day 1 score with Kaths day 1 score and adds them together. But if were to select Tommy, or Jimmy, it would then do then add Jeans day 1 score to theirs instead.

Is that possible?! Help needed!!

Attachments

• excel.JPG
    excel.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
In that case can you post some sample data from both sheets.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back