Not Enough Memory Error Doing Basic Pasting Between Tabs

MissJoanna2u

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a problem with a new laptop, whereby when I try to paste a filtered sheet into another sheet, which is something I do all the time and is a big part of my workflow.

My system is an i7 9th Gen with 32 Gig of Ram and brand new and I have more than 20 gig of memory free when I encounter this problem.

It does appear to be only happening with one speadsheet type, but it's one that I use a lot, so it's a worry (it's an export from an application).

Not only do I get this error message after a long hang, but the data doesn't even populate.

The way I am doing this is selecting the top left corner of the filtered sheet and copying it and selecting the top left corner of the new sheet as the paste target.

The sheet I am copying from has about 700 rows with 30 or so columns. Nothing big at all.

Below is a screenshot of the error and below is the file.

I'm trying to copy all the filtered contents of the tab called 'Recipes' into any other new tab.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• excel memory error.png
    excel memory error.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 20

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
what version of excel 32 or 64 bit
how many formats are on that sheet?

Upvote 0
If you select cell A1 on the sheet you want to copy, and press Ctrl + A then CTRL + C.
Then Select A1 on the paste sheet and press CTRL + V....does it work ??

Upvote 0
If you select cell A1 on the sheet you want to copy, and press Ctrl + A then CTRL + C.
Then Select A1 on the paste sheet and press CTRL + V....does it work ??
Yes this does actually work. I can see it selected less cells, but I just did the same thing as described in my thread above in a differently formatted sheet with 80,000 rows filtered down to 12000 and copied that by clicking the top left button and it worked instantly. What could be causing the problem in the other sheet above which is much smaller?

Upvote 0
On the recipe sheet press Ctrl End, where does it take you?

Upvote 0
In that case that is the end of the used range, in your op you mentioned 30 columns, so select the last column after your data all the way to column XFD & then right click & select delete.
If you then save the workbook & try the copy/paste again do you still get the same problem?

Upvote 0
In that case that is the end of the used range, in your op you mentioned 30 columns, so select the last column after your data all the way to column XFD & then right click & select delete.
If you then save the workbook & try the copy/paste again do you still get the same problem?
Yes this generated the same issue. Would you be kind enough to look at the dropbox link I posted in my op?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back