NOT(ISBLANK()) partially working

MrDarcy

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Alright here is what I'm doing.
I have 4 worksheets, the top being a cover sheet
Using conditional formatting I want a range of cells on the front page to highlight if the corresponding cell on one of the other cells is filled in.
On the front sheet I'm using the following (or something similar):
=NOT(ISBLANK(Sheet3!C4:C9))
The formula is working in some columns but doesn't work for the values in the C and D columns on the front sheet.
I moved the formula calling the same cells but in the A and B columns and it works correctly.
Can anyone explain why the formula is not working in the C & D columns and how to fix it?

And nope, I don't get what is going on with this but this is just stupid.
I just want a cell to highlight when another cell has data, why is this so hard.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Can you post some examples of what is not working, along with all formulae

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I know you are trying to help but XL2BB doesn't download, I can't find it as an add-in and clicking it opens a blank Excel window but there is no XL2BB features anywhere.
Obviously, there is something going on but I'm afraid I'm a little too frustrated to figure it out.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The formulas in those cells, are you putting " " spaces in the cells as a result rather than blank ""

e.g.
=IF(this,that," ")
and should be:
=IF(this,that,"")

Upvote 0
Hi,

The formulas in those cells, are you putting " " spaces in the cells as a result rather than blank ""

e.g.
=IF(this,that," ")
and should be:
=IF(this,that,"")
I did not include a space.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back