Not sure if this is correct to post: Powerpoint and Excel mesh

JohnSeito

I was wondering can we embed an excel datas (many columns, and many rows) onto powerpoint.
Because of many columns, and many rows of the excel data, to have the excel datas
represent as a windows view, and with scrolls up and down, left and right to see all the datas
and have the ability to collapsed the window view in power point to produce reports.

In addition when excel update, powerpoint also update, and vice versa.

Can excel link to power point in this way?

I wrote into a powerpoint thread for advice as well, but I was wondering if anyone here
know if this can be done.

here is the link:

Excel datas to Powerpoint

:)
Thanks

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Yes, you can embed a workbook into a powerpoint file, as I've done it many times. I'm not following on the rest - are you wanting to link it to a workbook you will be updating so that the embedded file is also updated? I believe the answer to that is also yes, but I've not personally done it - believe you would do it through the insert object option in the ribbon and select to link it.

Upvote 0
In a new power point go to the INSERT tab and select OBJECT. When the dialog box appears, either select create from file and locate your file or select Create New and select the type of object to create. I use version 2007. It may be different if you use a different version.
kevin

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for your info into this. I really appreciate it.

I have done linking excel to power point and update excel where it updates powerpoint and edit via
powerpoint as well. But the challenge I am facing is that for example, if we have an excel data that has many rows, three pages for example when you link it
to powerpoint, and many columns that goes beyond the limit of the width of power point.

I was wondering if there is a way you could upload the excel file where the data is long and wide and have it shown in powerpoint as a window view.
window view in the sense that you could scroll left and right and up and down and see all the rows and columns if needed too. In addition, you can
collapse this window to minimize it to know show it and reopen it if needed it to.

I hope you know what I mean. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back