Not sure what formula to use...

ladyday

I am seeking a formula that will allow me look into a column and return similiar data. The problem is my data is arriving from several different sources, therefore, the data is not in the same format, it is over 4K rows and it is coming in on a daily basis and I have no time to scrub it. I am dealing with tlitles, so an example would be the title A Visit from Grandma can appear in the list I am looking up as Visit from Grandma, A or Visit from Grandma. When peforming a vlookup and using an exact match (false) the formula will not find the titles if the punction or verbiage arrangement is not exact. I need a formula to find the title regardless of the arrangment. I am assuming it would be an INDEX array but I don't really understand how to use the function.

So this is what I am seeking below.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Column QColumn EColumn T
1=T1,look in Column E and return results with the same verbiageThe ABC BookVisit from Grandma, A
Numbers CountingBook, ABC The
A Visit From GrandmaCounting Numbers

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Thank you. The match formula provides the number of possible results. I don't have the bandwith to research results for over 4,300 rows of data. Is there another formula I can use? Perhaps an INDEX formula that can help me out? Even if it narrows my results down to a hundred rows I may need research instead 4,000...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back