Not Sure What To Do

NeedsHelp2

I'm using the code below which works fine if the user selects an item in the combo box. The problem is if they mistype something, it stops the whole procedure. I know the solution is something to do with trapping errors but I don't know how set it up.

Label35.Caption = Application.VLookup(cmbN.Value, Range("SiteName"), 2, False)

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
At its simplest:

Code:
On Error Resume Next
On Error GoTo 0

Do you want to take any action if there is an error?

Upvote 0
Try:

Code:
On Error Resume Next 
If Err <> 0 Then
   Err.Clear
   Label35.Caption = "Warning"
End If
On Error GoTo 0

Upvote 0
Still struggling to resolve the error trapping so am seeking further guidence. Currently if correct values are selected then the code below works fine. My problem is that every now and again the combination of cmbG & cmbL cannot always be found in the table called "finance". Is there away in which a default value can be entered if there is no match?

If txtQ.Text = "Y" Or txtR.Text = "Y" Then

Label37.Caption = Application.VLookup(cmbG.Value & cmbL.Value, Range("finance"), 2, False)

End If

Upvote 0
Same principle:

Code:
If txtQ.Text = "Y" Or txtR.Text = "Y" Then 
   On Error Resume Next
   Label37.Caption = Application.VLookup(cmbG.Value & cmbL.Value, Range("finance"), 2, False) 
   If Err <> 0 Then
      Err.Clear
      Label37.Caption = "Not Found"
   End If
   On Error Goto 0
End If

Upvote 0
Sorry about this but am still having problems. Thought I could follow on using your example but am unable to get the next part to work.

This is what I'm currently using:

If txtQ.Text = "Y" Or txtR.Text = "Y" Or txtS.Text = "Y" Or txtT.Text = "Y" Or txtU.Text = "Y" Then

On Error Resume Next
If Err <> 0 Then
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End If

I need to incorporate this second part so that if the first if statement is not found, then the second is looked for and if that can't be found to then put in the caption not found.

If txtV.Text = "Y" Or txtW.Text = "" And txtQ.Text = "" And txtR.Text = "" And txtS.Text = "" And txtT.Text = "" And txtU.Text = "" Then

Label37.Caption = Application.VLookup(cmbG.Value & cmbL.Value, Range("finance"), 4, False)

End If

Hope you can assist further.

Upvote 0
Like this?

Code:
If txtQ.Text = "Y" Or txtR.Text = "Y" Or txtS.Text = "Y" Or txtT.Text = "Y" Or txtU.Text = "Y" Then 
   On Error Resume Next 
   If Err <> 0 Then 
      Err.Clear 
      If txtV.Text = "Y" Or txtW.Text = "" And txtQ.Text = "" And txtR.Text = "" And txtS.Text = "" And txtT.Text = "" And txtU.Text = "" Then 
         Label37.Caption = Application.VLookup(cmbG.Value & cmbL.Value, Range("finance"), 4, False) 
         If Err <> 0 Then 
            Err.Clear 
         End If 
      End If
   End If
   On Error GoTo 0 
End If

Upvote 0
Andrew, it's almost there. When it can't find one of the two criteria its skipping the final part and not putting in the "Not Found". Have tried amending your code but can't get it right.

Upvote 0
Silly me. The second If can't be True if the first one is. Try:

Code:
   On Error Resume Next 
   If Err <> 0 Then 
      Err.Clear 
   End If 
ElseIf txtV.Text = "Y" Or txtW.Text = "" And txtQ.Text = "" And txtR.Text = "" And txtS.Text = "" And txtT.Text = "" And txtU.Text = "" Then 
   If Err <> 0 Then 
      Err.Clear 
   End If 
End If 
On Error GoTo 0

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back