Not very good with Excel, would love some help

newspice

Hello, I have (what I think) is a pretty simple task, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Here's what I need:

I'm working on a guide to my city, and need to organize everything into an easy to read spreadsheet.

The guide is split into several different categories; hotels, places to eat, hiking trails, etc, etc. With each category then having a list of places to visit.

Can anyone suggest the easiest way to organize this into excel?

I hope I'm making sense, but if you need more clarification please ask, thank you in advance.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Jared_8878

Board Regular
If it is just for viewing, then perhaps data grouping would be nice - as they can expand the category they are interested in looking at.

newspice

If it is just for viewing, then perhaps data grouping would be nice - as they can expand the category they are interested in looking at.
data grouping, got it! thanks!

The ultimate plan is to condense it from the source so then it can eventually be put onto a website.

I'll look up data grouping right now, thank you!

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamSan78

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...