Notify when an "individual" formula result changes...

SACoop

Hi Guys

Here's the setup I have and what I'm looking to achieve, not sure whether it can be done hence the query here. please tell me if it's impossible.

I have a sheet with names down column A, then the name rows contain 2 figures for each month across a rolling 12 months. So 24 columns in total - these are number of days absent and number of instances of absence in the month. The final column (ie column 26) calculates a points score based on the total number of days absent and total number of instances across the rolling 12 months. This figure either increases as absence increases or decreases as people's previous abseneces are removed.

I would like some code to flag up when a particular person goes over the 100 points trigger following the input of data. I've used the following simple code to do this on one line:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("AF6") > 0 Then msgbox [A6] & " is now at " & [ab6] & " points - PLEASE CHECK"
End Sub

But obviously if I try this on another line it flags the same. Should I be using the Worksheet_Change function code? Not really sure.

So simply, an alert when a person goes over a trigger level warning the inputter that action is required.

THanks Simon

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoktorPhill

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...