Notify when an "individual" formula result changes...

SACoop

Hi Guys

Here's the setup I have and what I'm looking to achieve, not sure whether it can be done hence the query here. please tell me if it's impossible.

I have a sheet with names down column A, then the name rows contain 2 figures for each month across a rolling 12 months. So 24 columns in total - these are number of days absent and number of instances of absence in the month. The final column (ie column 26) calculates a points score based on the total number of days absent and total number of instances across the rolling 12 months. This figure either increases as absence increases or decreases as people's previous abseneces are removed.

I would like some code to flag up when a particular person goes over the 100 points trigger following the input of data. I've used the following simple code to do this on one line:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("AF6") > 0 Then msgbox [A6] & " is now at " & [ab6] & " points - PLEASE CHECK"
End Sub

But obviously if I try this on another line it flags the same. Should I be using the Worksheet_Change function code? Not really sure.

So simply, an alert when a person goes over a trigger level warning the inputter that action is required.

THanks Simon

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chlwls808

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back