Now I'm Stopped At XLStart

dpeattie

Hi again, folks...

Now I'm at the point where I want to start recording Macros in Excel, but I want to have the Macros available to me in all my Excel files...not just the one I'm currently in when I create them.

From the tutorial, it looks like what's hanging me up is that the Macro needs to be saved in the Personal Macro Workbook that is a part of XLStart. So....how do I get to this XLStart file? And how do I save the Macro into there once I'm there?

Thanks again,

David Peattie

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
XLStart is saved in your default location. In Excel, Tools/options, General tab, Default File Location

Upvote 0
Okay, I tried what Vog said. I went to Tools, Options, General tab, Default File Location. But in that field, it just says "C://My Documents" and doesn't say anything about XLStart. I tried typing that name into the field, but that didn't work either.
Does that mean I don't have the right software loaded? Or is there something else I'm missing?

David

Upvote 0
I don't know what the solution is but this will take you to the top of the board.

Upvote 0
You can force your computer to create xlstart by creating a user defined custom chart, once its created it will save the user defined chart in xlstart as one of the sheets.
You can then fiddle about with xlstart to get the layout/formats you want.

Upvote 0
Hi !

XLStart is normally created when you install MS Office. You can create this folder yourself if required and use Tools|Options and key in the folder name full path under "At startup, open all files in "

If you need your macros to be available to all workbooks, they need to be stored in a file called personal.xls (hidden normally)

Trust this clarifies !!

Best Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back