number conversion

only_lonely

Board Regular
i always receive 'NUMBER error when convert long number when using bin2hex, dec2hec function...how to solve this problem?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

AlphaFrog

MrExcel MVP
BIN2HEX(number,places)

Number is the binary number you want to convert. Number cannot contain more than 10 characters (10 bits). The most significant bit of number is the sign bit. The remaining 9 bits are magnitude bits. Negative numbers are represented using two's-complement notation.

Places is the number of characters to use. If places is omitted, BIN2HEX uses the minimum number of characters necessary. Places is useful for padding the return value with leading 0s (zeros).

DEC2HEX(number,places)

Number is the decimal integer you want to convert. If number is negative, places is ignored and DEC2HEX returns a 10-character (40-bit) hexadecimal number in which the most significant bit is the sign bit. The remaining 39 bits are magnitude bits. Negative numbers are represented using two's-complement notation.

Places is the number of characters to use. If places is omitted, DEC2HEX uses the minimum number of characters necessary. Places is useful for padding the return value with leading 0s (zeros).

Remarks:
  • [*]If number < -549,755,813,888 or if number > 549,755,813,887, DEC2HEX returns the #NUM! error value.
  • If number is nonnumeric, DEC2HEX returns the #VALUE! error value.
    [*]If DEC2HEX requires more than places characters, it returns the #NUM! error value.
  • If places is not an integer, it is truncated.
  • If places is nonnumeric, DEC2HEX returns the #VALUE! error value.
    [*]If places is negative, DEC2HEX returns the #NUM! error value.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz457

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...