Traceelewis71

I have a spreadsheet with over 74K lines and I need 1 of my columns be a hard (absolute) number out to 2 places after the decimal point. for example. If I have 24 in a cell, I need it to be 24.00. when I change the formatting the view changes but the actual contents of the cell aren't changing. I have tried to use this: placing a 1.00 in a blank cell and copying and paste special of the formatting only...that isn't working. I've tried to use the custom feature under formatting by saying 0.## and that isn't working. Please help. I can't spend the time updating over 74K lines.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Easiest way I know of is to highlight the range, right click and do a "Format Cells", then on the 'Number' tab change it to be "number" and then select 2 decimal places, this should then update all cells you highlighted to have 2 decimal places.

Upvote 0
Maybe this, but not sure if this is treated as numerical afterward or not, or if that matters to you.

=TEXT(A1,"#####.00")

You could do this on a separate worksheet and point back to the original cell, then copy and paste the values in to the range to update it after.

I would experiment on a sample sheet, not your real sheet so you don't mess anything up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back