Number Incrementing formula element

SamanthaRaggett

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I am using the INDEX, INT and column to get my formula to move every 3 column when copying across.

I have used it before but this time i need to merge vlookup with it and i have errors popping up.

I am using this formula below to search for a value on a different sheet and then return the answer. 1) how do i get the vlookup to move to the next column when i move across? 2) how do i fix this formula so that i dont get REF! when i try to copy it across all the columns?

=INDEX(VLOOKUP($A$3,Table1,12,FALSE),INT((COLUMNS($J75:J75)-1)/3)+1)

I can email the doc if that would be easier.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post a sample of your data, along with expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.

Can you post a sample of your data, along with expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Hi Thank you :)

I have tried to use the mini sheet but it keeps shutting down my excel. I have posted an image to explain better and will continue to try the mini sheet.

I would like to replace the (forecast!$l$238:$AV$238) section of the equation with a lookup as my data range in the forecast tab isn't always consistent and then the formula will read the incorrect value. I tried by using the formula above but got an error so not sure how to go about it now.

Dont worry about columns j & k as they are different formulas.

1629811692816.png

Upvote 0
What does your forecast sheet look like & which columns are you trying to return?

Upvote 0
What does your forecast sheet look like & which columns are you trying to return?
Wow thank you for the speedy response :)

This is the forecast tab - each column represents the value for a week. So it would need to read 11 for column I (previous sheet) and 12 for column L (previous sheet). If that makes sense ? haha

1629812287652.png

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Forecast!L238:AV238,MATCH("11",Forecast!L2:AV2,0))

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Forecast!L238:AV238,MATCH("11",Forecast!L2:AV2,0))
Hi, thank you.

Can i combine that with the INT and columns so that the formula skips two columns when i drag across? Will try now :)

Upvote 0
Try it like
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(Forecast!L238:AV238,MATCH(INT((COLUMNS($I2:I2)-1)/3)+1&"",Forecast!L2:AV2,0))

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back