O365 and FILTER function

queysoft

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi. I wanted to use the FILTER function, but by the look of it you need a O365 subscription. As I work for a big company i might have to jump though some hoops to get this sorted. However, my issue is - If I do get O365 subscription and create some Excel sheets using this - if i pass the sheets to someone without an O365 subscription will the formula just cease to work does anyone know?

Please correct me if I am wrong about the subscription. If I type =FILTER it does not work, so guessing there is some truth.

In the meantime, I could create a load of vlook ups - but any idea on how to create a drop down list that works like a filter (so people can search for a name). I have a spreadsheet with names down one column and then about 20 rows of data associated. I wanted to make a quick look up of only some rows (on another tab) if someone selected a name. There are lots of names so ideally not use the Data Validation method.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
FILTER function works only in 365. For older version you have to use combination of other functions to get it.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back