Object from Insert Object From File becomes corrupt

Jubinell

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm using Excel 2007. I've recently been making use of the Insert Object feature to insert word documents, other excel workbooks, into my current workbook. I also like to customize the icon and change the caption (using the options that became available as I went through the insertion process).

Now most of the time the insertion process goes through successful. Then some time later (5 minutes, next day), some of the inserted objects would become corrupt. For example their caption would disappear, or the icon would suddenly turn into a black mesh (from say...and Excel icon). Most of the times when I click on this corrupted object the actual content would load up just fine, and I can save that somewhere else at ease.

1) Does anybody know why this is happening and how to prevent it from happening?

2) If I were to fix an object whose name went missing, or whose icon disappeared, what do I do? It seems like there's no way to go back to the insert menu once the file has already been inserted. Since the only thing I could do was format the object like an image (size, fill color, line, etc.), I often had to resort to deleting the corrupted object and inserting again. Anyway to go around this process?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back