October Challenge Discussion - Best Diversion

Hi All,

I just wandered over to the Challenge of the Month part of the site and can't wait to download the files when they become available.

I'll reserve judgment until I get a chance to play with them all, but I would like to pre-announce that I am incredibly impressed with all of them!

If these work as advertised, one helluva a lot of creativity and formidable Excel skills went into creating them. Major kudos.

Tres bien!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Tres bien!

Sacré merde!! Tu parles français Monsieur Petrulis. Who knew?!

I'll have to get in on some of these games myself. Bon soir,

Nate
This message was edited by NateO on 2002-11-20 23:31

Thanks to Juan Pablo for pointing out that I missed three entries posted here in the lounge. I have added those entries and we now have a total of 18 entries.

The entries have been moved to:
http://www.mrexcel.com/pc10.php

I am going to ask some impartial judges from the MVP's to nominate the top 5 games and then we will let every one vote.

Bill

This message was edited by MrExcel on 2002-11-25 07:34

Thanks to everyone who sent in a game. They were all excellent. I had to narrow down the field, so I asked MVP's from 3 continents to select their favorites.

You can view the 9 finalists and cast your vote at http://www.mrexcel.com/pc10.php

Bill

Hi Bill

I must take the credit for the FootyManager i released it, from London, first i stole it from a secret web site early this year, and sent to MVP and members on this board, you know fun of the share kinda of thing, im sure. A few Moderaters and MVP will secretly admit i do sent goodies to them, excel and flash files.

Tetris is the gurus game, which i have and also one armed bandit [slot machine] i also have, i send these off time to time, all stolen from secret web sites around the world, as are my flash games.

The footymanager you will see is made in the UK by a guy from Brighton, heavens help us, but there is a fault in the workbook, so be careful.

As a freak of very small games I like these. Can i request that the games be made available to all that you have been send to we can all download them and share the fun, rather than just see splash screens and not be able to play.

In return i will release 6 guru games to the MrExcel members - a fair trade i feel.

I offer

Bowling [Flash]
Elves Bowling [Flash] Christmas themed!
Darts [Flash]
Slot Machine [Excel]
Othello [Excel]
Marbles [Excel]

And even some Java guru games i have if any inters.

Space invaders with sound. [Java - HTLM]
Missile command with sound [Java - HTML]
Asteroids with sound i think ?? [Java - HTML]

Of cause i might have more if the interest is there on this front
I also have other really nice stuff some friends [Moderators and MVP] have seen.

Bill everyone loves games like these nice time wasters, so the offers there, EVERY SINGLE member can have such fun, i offer this if together we can get this off the ground.

Jack

Jack,

I do beleive that you are incorrect in stating that you "released" the footy manager game.

Fair enough then, i didn’t!!

I did not write it or claim credit of it, but i assure you i released it to the US and around the world as has been documented on this site some time back, and i was the one who sent to MVP and Moderators on this site, who in turn passed it on - so yes i *JackintheUK* released / introduced this to the board, my comments are local to MrExcel in all my conversations, out side this box is a very different matter i admit and agree.

I not stupid, most members know I know I have buddy’s MVP and moderators, im hardly going to say such, as a MVP / Moderator can post – no you did not, but I did not send to all, only my trusted buddy’s, well you read into that yourself.
Fair enough then, i didn’t

I did not write it or claim credit of it, but i assure you i released it to the US and around the world as has been documented on this site some time back, and i was the one who sent to MVP and Moderators on this site, who in turn passed it on - so yes i *JackintheUK* released / introduced this to the board, my comments are local to MrExcel in all my conversations, out side this box is a very different matter i admit and agree.

I do get a massive amount of stuff regular supply thus my kind offer to distribute via Bill Jelen, i just don’t have the spare time to do this to all the guys who will want such goodies, Excel games are open source so wonderful learning of what can be done. I have often fought for download site / area. Bill declines to communicate over this or interact with me on this front, a great shame and loss to everyone.

Can you assist me here?

Do you have goodies, maybe we can chew this over, im very willing to add you to my distribution of hot goodies if your interested.

So what do i want in return, NOTHING.

But ask if you can help someone in the world of Excel if a buddy needs a touch of help, thats payment enough to Jack.

So what do you think?

Jack
I do get a massive amount of stuff regular supply thus my kind offer to distribute via Bill Jelen, i just don’t have the spare time to do this to all the guys who will want such goodies, Excel games are open source so wonderful learning of what can be done. I have often fought for download site / area. Bill declines to communicate over this or interact with me on this front, a great shame and loss to everyone.

Can you assist me here?

Do you have goodies, maybe we can chew this over, im very willing to add you to my distribution of hot goodies if you’re interested. Maybe we can exchange?? Maybe you don’t want to? I don’t know, but the offer is there, let me know, you see the list, I hope you have such fun as I have and all those I have given this fun to. If we swoop ill bounce those around so even more guys can enjoy the fun, all from your good self of cause.

So what do i want in return, Nothing.

But ask if you can help someone in the world of Excel if a buddy needs a touch of help, that’s payment enough to Jack.

So what do you think?

Jack

Your full of yourself Jack, I am not 100 % sure what you are going on about either. Oh by the way do you really come up with this stuff or do you have a random babble generator which you simply cut and paste into your posts ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back