October Challenge Discussion - Best Diversion

Whose the "webmaster"? Hardly a master if the links don't work!

Has it become a closed shop and no sharing of information?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
It is a 13 year old thread - I'd be amazed if the links still worked. :D

Let's just accept it hey. The apathy in society today leaks into the everyday things we do. Little wonder the world is like it is.

This is a site that portrays a "professional" image. There are ways to ensure a website does not have dead links. I do expect a website to be maintained, no matter how long ago it was constructed. They were files held on the same server, so not hard.

Hardly expecting too much!

Let's just accept it hey. The apathy in society today leaks into the everyday things we do. Little wonder the world is like it is.

This is a site that portrays a "professional" image. There are ways to ensure a website does not have dead links. I do expect a website to be maintained, no matter how long ago it was constructed. They were files held on the same server, so not hard.

Hardly expecting too much!

I agree - I would demand a full refund of your membership fees! Oh, wait...

Was that a volunteer to maintain the site links and download files? <blush><hands slap face><ensue sarcasm> We wouldn't expect much, just thousands of hours going unrecognized, unpaid, with a$sh0les telling you how you should be spending your free time, telling you that you're doing it wrong - but you'd be doing the world such a favor and surely we wouldn't complain, because it would be rude to complain to a volunteer. Only a$$holes would do something like that, of which we are not. <kind of ending sarcasm... kind of>

Since it's abundantly clear InaCell knows perfectly how to maintain a website and keep links rolling on a decade and a half of a forum (assuming they know the intricacies of php/html/javascript/whateverelseIcanthinkof/blahblahblah), and on top of that is qualified to judge others they hold in such contempt, I'll just defer to their expert judgement.

#wasteoftime #trollsaresolastyear #hashtagcauseIcanbiotch #boomdropthemic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back