ODBC connection problem: 64bit Excel bad but 32bit ok help!

9tanstaafl9

My report runs great for everyone except person running 64 bit Excel 2010 on Server 2008. (Can't connect to visual foxpro 32 bit odbc driver using VFPODBC 32 bit)

Pops up the ODBC SCREEN asking for the data source.

Here is the connection string from one of the queries, they are all pretty much the same:

Code:
DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables;UID=;;SourceDB=M:\MB7\De-Cal;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;BackgroundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;
Here is the command text: (I doubt it matters, but then again this is not my area.)

Code:
SELECT prmchg.phsnum, sbcgln.cstcde, sbcgln.csttyp, Sum(sbcgln.bdgprc) AS 'Sum of bdgprc'
FROM prmchg prmchg, sbcgln sbcgln
WHERE prmchg.recnum = sbcgln.recnum AND ((prmchg.status=$1)) AND (prmchg.jobnum=?) AND (prmchg.actper<=?) AND (sbcgln.chgsts=$1)
GROUP BY prmchg.phsnum, sbcgln.cstcde, sbcgln.csttyp
Any suggesitons? Anything, even something really obvious. Keep in mind that I have no experience in ODBC so something super obvious I might not know.

Thank you in advance!

Jennifer

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Any suggesitons? Anything, even something really obvious....

Smack user across head until they agree to use 32bit Excel? ;)

Seriously, sounds like a driver problem to me (ie non-Excel related) and if there is no talk between 64bit Excel and the 32bit driver then unless you can lay your hands on a 64bit driver version then it ain't gonna work.

Unless someone else has a clever suggestion.

Upvote 0
To the best of my knowledge, there is no 64 bit version of a VisualFoxPro driver, and that is the only thing that works with the program I need to connect to.

And smacking the person isn't an option, it's my husband's client.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously, sounds like a driver problem to me (ie non-Excel related) and if there is no talk between 64bit Excel and the 32bit driver then unless you can lay your hands on a 64bit driver version then it ain't gonna work.

Do you know if it would work if I mapped it directly to a named 32bit file DSN, or would that still be an issue?

Upvote 0
You can but try - I suspect nothing you do will get it to work, however.

I understand that Microsoft itself advises users to stick with 32bit Excel unless they have a pressing need to use the 64bit version (eg because they have truly mahoosive spreadsheets).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back