ODBC Query - Missing Columns from Table

localfiend

Board Regular
Hey everybody, I've run into one of those hair pulling problems. It's only Excel 2007 that is giving me this problem. I'm querying an ODBC database from Sage Businessworks and am pulling in simple account information. The problem is that tables I have selected are not showing up in the table I import to Excel. I can view them fine in Microsoft query, everything is as is should be, but certain columns are missing in the Excel table.

I never had this problem in 2003 - and I think it may have something to do with the new weird table format. Is there anyway I can simply have the query fill cells like in 2003 so I can avoid the new weird table or might there be another solution to my problem?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Perhaps I can explain this better. I'm pulling in data from and ODBC source. In office 2003 all columns from the tables I select appear on my spreadsheet - in Office 2007 some columns are missing and I don't know why. I think it may have something to do with the fact that Excel 2007 has a new table format they force you to use - but still don't know for sure.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back