Odd label "OLE_LINK227" that I did not (intentionally) create

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The top cell in one column in a table has somehow acquired the name "OLE_LINK227". And it does not remain with that cell when the table is sorted, but remains with the top cell in that column.

I have a table with about 70 rows. Two of the columns contain data about the item in that row. One of the data columns contains a date and time when that item was last accessed (eg, 3/08/20 09:21:00). This data is copied and pasted as text from a cell in a Word table. It is used to calculate how long since that item was last accessed (eg, =now()-E21). These formulas are working. The two data values go into a formula that results in a rating for each row. That rating is scaled into a probability (0,1) which is used to to choose a random item to access.

I have defined a couple dozen named ranges to make the formulas easier to read and less error prone. I just noticed that the top entry in the date-and-time column has the name "OLE_LINK227" associated with it. I would like to know how that happened. What is even more mysterious is that that name remains associated with the top entry in the table even when the table is sorted and that row moves to a new location in the table. And no other cells in that column have any names associated with them -- just the top one.

Can anyone explain to me how this happened, what it is doing, if anything, and whether I can delete it.

If this explanation is not clear enough, I can try to simplify the table and post it.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I was just using that sheet and had the need to copy another date+time string from Word over to Excel. My procedure is to select the date+time string in Word and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+c). Then in Excel Paste Special (Atl+Ctrl+v) it into the cell. I noticed that one of the Paste Special options is "Hyperlink" and it's right under "Text", which is the one I had been using. I wondered if perhaps I had selected Hyperlink by mistake, so I tried it. It did not create any label.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back