Odd Printing Behaviour

JakeTheSnake3.0

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this...I believe this may be a printer problem (and not something with Excel, but regardless...). The problem I'm having is illustrated via this image; the image on the left is what gets printed and what's on the right is what I see in Excel. Has anyone encountered this before? My printer is a HP LaserJet 3330MFP over the network using the "HP Universal Printing PCL 5" driver.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

sulakvea

it could be printer related. change a few things on the template (make the row just a bit higher, etc) and see if the issue persists

also, copy /paste special the table into a new file and see if it's file-related.

JakeTheSnake3.0

Board Regular
I believe it's the printer...it doesn't happen on other printers. I did notice something else that's odd about it though...the cell background colour is actually printed as a pattern. It prints a dense dotted pattern near the top, then a sparsely dotted pattern below that and finally a medium concentration of dots (you can find these patterns in the pattern dialog box). I don't actually have a pattern set on the cells, but maybe something along the translation to a B&W printer changes things?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalyani714

This Week's Hot Topics