ODD Question!

seenfresh

This is an odd question, but I thought I would ask the world!

Is it possible to have a cell in Excell linked to a pdf file

I have the need to create a workbook with all appropriate pdf files and have certain cells in my excell book linked to those files... This would rock my world if it were possible!

Does anybody know if this is... and if so I'm guessing it would involve some sort of macro to open the pdf files, but only when I click on certain cells

Thanks in advance,

"Seen"

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Ya that was dumb... I thought I needed a cell reference to hyperlink to! duh!

If I have a large PDF file that I want to link to a certain section or area within it... would this be possible?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Is it not a possibility that you could use sendkeys to send a command to acrobat to move to a specific location?

So,

1) Setup hyperlink to PDF document (or event driven on selection_change to launch the file through shell)

2) SendKeys to the application such as Shift+Ctrl+N (Which will bring up the goto window in acrobat), then a page number, and the enter key.

I have limited experience with sendkeys however, but I feel this may possibly work...

Upvote 0
Uh, I'd be real skittish 'bout that ol' SendKeys. Yeah, you can get it to work sometimes, but it's really a desparate move. It's dicey even when you're staying in Excel. Start trying to apply it across different applications and you're really running risks of impacting apps in ways you cannot foresee. Personally, I've never been desparate enough to use SendKeys across applications - with the notable exception of controlling a terminal emulation app where its screen object had a "send keys" method - but that's a very different kettle of fish...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back