Office 365

I don't believe there is a non-desktop 365 option.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
I don't believe there is a non-desktop 365 option.
I undestand there is a version that does not have the developer tab and / or VBA

I've got the personal edition & that has VBA. Also I think there is a Business Basic edition that is web only.

Fluffy's right. The Business Basic is the web app versions only. All other versions (including Home) are desktop & web app.

Ahhh....the plot thickens.....It's very hard trying to explain to a salesman that you NEED the version that allows the user to access VBA....when the response is ..."what's VBA?"

Anything non-web has VBA. I can’t believe anyone would seriously buy a web-only sub!

@RoryA
Apparently so.....maybe they only use Excel for doing simple calcs and Word for grocery lists...;)
I have dealt with a number of "salespeople" that glaze over if you mention VBA or macros.....The big computer retailers especially.
Having said that if your selling computers and your only 16 years old, it's to be expected !!
I have been directed to $3000 laptops because they have great graphics......"what, for Excel ?".....Yeah, I need that !!
Maybe I look stupid, 'cause I'm old !

The last time I went into a computer retailer, when the salesman said "Can I help you?" I just said "I doubt it". ;)

Mine about 2 laptops back was going into a major Electrical/PC outlet. Having a spotty face kid come over and ask if he could help. I asked "What the clock speed was" and he responded with "Do you know where to find it?"

I'm hoping they have improved a bit.

I prefer to build my own PCs from scratch, though I do buy laptops from manufs. But I choose the (spendy) option where I can choose what I need in it..
When you buy a prebuilt PC, the Office 365 that's installed on it is usually not activated. You activate it yourself, choosing exactly which package you want at that time.
If I remember correctly...

Compare All Microsoft 365 Plans (Formerly Office 365) - Microsoft Store - shows you the different packages (table with checks if you scroll down)

O365 for business (not sure how this applies to home)
Understand subscriptions and licenses in Microsoft 365 for business - explains licensing with subscriptions - a must read! ONE person can install on up to 5 PCs/Macs, 5 tablets and 5 phones. They all share the same account. If you want different accounts, then you are looking at multiple licenses. But with my 1 license, I have legally installed it on 3 pcs, 2 laptops. I think my tablet might be activated, I don't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back