OFFSET and UNIQUE/FILTER inside SUMIFS returns #VALUE! error

heretolearnexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have the following formula in cell H4: =UNIQUE((EOMONTH(UNIQUE(LET(Return,OFFSET('Expenses Tracking'!$A$2,,,COUNTA('Expenses Tracking'!$A:$A)-1),FILTER(Return,Return>=DATE(2021,9,1)))),-1)+1)) . It returns a range of dates that meet certain conditions.

And another formula in a dynamic named range: =OFFSET('Summary Report'!$L$4,0,0,COUNTA('Summary Report'!$L:$L)-1) The L column is a range of values.

Both of the formulas are inside a SUMIFS function in cell S4: =SUMIFS(Dynamic_Net_Income,H4#,">="&DATE(R4,1,1),H4#,"<="&DATE(R4,12,31)) but it returns a #VALUE! error.

I checked the ranges of both the UNIQUE/FILTER and the OFFSET formulas, to see if maybe the error in the SUMIFS function was caused because of ranges of different sizes in each formula, since I noticed that the OFFSET formula had one more value at the end which was empty; but I modified the formula so that it omitted such value and the range was the same size as the UNIQUE/FILTER formula, and the #VALUE! error kept happening.

If I change the SUMIFS function to the following: =SUMIFS(L4:L8,H4#,">="&DATE(R4,1,1),H4#,"<="&DATE(R4,12,31)) it is now working, so I'm pretty sure the #VALUE! error I get in the original formula has to do with a mismatch in the ranges when I use the OFFSET and UNIQUE/FILTER formulas, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I'd appreciate any help in figuring this out.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Does this help?
Presupuesto 2021.xlsx
HLORS
2Income vs ExpensesYearly Accumulated Net Income
3DateNet IncomeYearsNet Income
4September 2021$12,023.772021#VALUE!
5October 2021$319.20
6November 2021-$1,601.85
7December 2021$11,003.59
8January 2022$2,405.50
Summary Report
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H4:H8H4=UNIQUE((EOMONTH(UNIQUE(LET(Return,OFFSET('Expenses Tracking'!$A$2,,,COUNTA('Expenses Tracking'!$A:$A)-1),FILTER(Return,Return>=DATE(2021,9,1)))),-1)+1))
L4:L7L4=J4-K4
L8L8=IF(ISBLANK(H8),"",J8-K8)
S4S4=SUMIFS(Dynamic_Net_Income,H4#,">="&DATE(R4,1,1),H4#,"<="&DATE(R4,12,31))
Dynamic array formulas.
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
R4List=$P$4#

Upvote 0
Try using
Excel Formula:
=OFFSET('Summary Report'!$L$4,0,0,ROWS('Summary Report'!$H$4#))

Upvote 0
Try using
Excel Formula:
=OFFSET('Summary Report'!$L$4,0,0,ROWS('Summary Report'!$H$4#))
Thank you, it works! Do you know why the previous formula didn't work? I'm assuming it did have something to do with the range size, but I'm not sure what exactly was happening.

Upvote 0
I suspect it was different sized ranges, but without seeing your data it's impossible to tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back