Offset + Dynamic Index / Match

Eyeope

Hi,

Ive been working on a a dynamic INDEX / MATCH, which I've sovled. How ever the values I'm returning on not always unique, and I want to lookup other values from the same column/row.

<!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}x\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style><![endif]--><style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding:0px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl63 {font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0;}.xl64 {font-size:8.0pt; font-weight:700; font-family:Arial; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-charset:0;}.xl65 {mso-number-format:"Short Date";}--></style>
DateWhoTypeSUMAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
11/6/18ChrisMarketing104,000 kr0 kr39,000 kr0 kr65,000 kr0 kr
11/1/18ChrisMarketing70,000 kr0 kr42,000 kr0 kr28,000 kr0 kr
10/27/18ChrisMarketing116,000 kr0 kr29,000 kr0 kr87,000 kr0 kr
10/22/18ChrisMarketing112,000 kr0 kr48,000 kr64,000 kr0 kr0 kr
10/17/18ChrisMarketing123,000 kr0 kr36,900 kr36,900 kr49,200 kr0 kr
10/12/18ChrisMarketing123,000 kr0 kr36,900 kr36,900 kr49,200 kr0 kr
10/7/18ChrisMarketing123,000 kr0 kr36,900 kr36,900 kr0 kr49,200 kr

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="87" span="9" style="width:65pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
<!--EndFragment--></tbody>

I have a data validation with the months which I've solved like this: =INDEX(Sheet1!$E$3:$I$1000,0,MATCH($K$1,Sheet1!$E$2:$I$2,0)) - so if I chose November from the dropdown list, I return all the values from the November column: <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}x\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style><![endif]--><style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding:0px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl63 {color:black; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Inconsolata; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-charset:0; background:yellow; mso-pattern:black none;}--></style>
65,000 kr
28,000 kr
87,000 kr
0 kr
49,200 kr
49,200 kr
0 kr

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="87" style="width:65pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
<!--EndFragment--></tbody>

Now, I would like to return the values from the other columns as well, for example for the first returned value in November I get "65,000kr", I would like to return the values from the Date, Who, Type columns as well.

<style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}@page {margin:.75in .7in .75in .7in; mso-header-margin:.3in; mso-footer-margin:.3in;}td {padding:0px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl63 {color:black; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Inconsolata; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-charset:0; background:yellow; mso-pattern:black none;}--></style>

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

Not fully sure to understand your question ...

The Index() function allows you to return data both with the Row and Column values ...

Upvote 0
Thanks James.

So, the first formula returns values from a dynamic range depending on what data validation (month) I've chosen.

For example, if I choose November and with my formula it returns these values:

65,000 kr
28,000 kr
87,000 kr
0 kr
49,200 kr
49,200 kr
0 kr

<tbody>
</tbody>

I would like values from the other columns returned as well, so the values from the "Date" column (which would be 11/6/18 in case of the first value of 65,000kr in the November column)

Sorry, if I didn't explain it correctly.

Thing is I can't use index match the value 65,000kr, because it is not always unique, there could be duplicate amounts, and if I use that to index match it would return the first value, which may not be the one im looking for.

Upvote 0
Understand your remark about the fact you are dealing with non-unique values ...

Does this mean that you are looking for a formula for the n th match ... ?

Upvote 0
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1252118-offset-dynamic-index-match.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
Thanks, yes, I thought it might be easier if I could attach a spreadsheet for users to help.

James - it might be a bit easier if I could attach a spreadsheet?

In K3 and downwards the first formula returns values from a dynamic range depending on what data validation (month) I've chosen ( I would like to only return values that >0 but that's a more nice to have than a need to have).

So, depending on K1, I want it to return the values from that month, and then beside that I would like it to return values from the other columns.

So in a perfect world, if I chose the month November I would get these values from the table (excluding the 0's):

November - Date - Type
65,000 kr - 11/6/18 - Marketing
28,000 kr - 11/1/18 - Marketing
87,000 kr - 10/27/18 - Marketing
49,200 kr - 10/17/18 - Marketing
49,200 kr - 10/12/18 - Marketing

Upvote 0
Thanks, yes, I thought it might be easier if I could attach a spreadsheet for users to help.
Whilst it maybe "easier" you still need to let people know.
Also only members of that site can download the file, so it may not help you much.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Looks like a simple equal formula could do the job ... since there is no filtering ...

Upvote 0
Hello again,

With Excel ... everything is possible ...

But ... to make your life easier ... why don't you use AutoFilter ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back