Offset with indirect and MATCH

S_Asks

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There,

I'm trying to use Indirect with Offset. This way trying to match 2 different values.

The formula I am using is as follows:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"A1"),1,MATCH($A$1,INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"A1"):INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"D1"))-1,COUNTA(OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"A1"),1,MATCH($A$1,INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"A1"):INDIRECT("'"&"Analyser list"&"'!"&"D1"),0)-1,20,1)),1)

unfortunately this results in the following error
1668432797306.png

I understand the error but I don't know how I can make the formula work.

Someone knows how to get this to work? I think the problem is with the Indirect part, but no Idea how to fix it

thanks for the help

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You're welcome! Glad you got it working in the end :)

Out of curiosity, what did you do to fix it? I can't see it in the screen capture that you posted but usually the double quotes mean a typo in the formula. The one in my post was correct but they break so easily in those boxes. Often the cause is as simple as hitting one of the cursor keys when you enter the formula, or pasting it twice without realising.

I'll post another one for you later tonight using the newer functions in 365. The existing method should work fine with any version of excel so no need to change it, but you may find the 365 method easier to set up and understand if you have to do this again at any time.

Upvote 0
The problem was in the quotations, I copied the code from you again and the problem was solved (So maybe bad copying not sure.
Thank you, looking forward to the 365 version! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back