On Error Goto Statement

KUYJS

Hi,

Is it possible to use multiple On Error Goto statement in single vba code?

Actually in my code i want to use it twice. One on to to handle any error and one in between when giving command to delete all files on desktop. If any file is there on desktop it's working fine but when no file is on desktop it is considering top on on error statement that calls to end the vba instead of resuming next that i want for second on error statement (Kill path).

Yongle

An alternative approach

- copy "dummy" file to the desktop before trying to delete all files
- guarantees there is always a file to delete
- avoid the risk of error

Here a file is copied and renamed with a timestamp
Code:
With CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    .CopyFile "C:\SourcePath\wbA.xlsx", "C:\DestinationPath\" & Format(Now, "YYMMDDHHMMSS") & "xlsx"
End With
(timestamp used as name to avoid any likelihood of name conflicts)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linford

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...