On Form?

MrCaptain

Board Regular
Hi

I have a listbox in a user form populated from a named range called ListData in a worksheet called PropertyData.

Now I want to allow the form user to select a record from the user form and when the OK button is clicked the record is transferred onto a new sheet called 'Log'.

To do this I would prefer to have the record populate the 'Log' worksheet from the top down immediately below the headers. So it needs to insert a blank row beneath the header but only when adding a record so the sheet does not have a blank row showing beneath the header, The ListData is multi column 8 columns in total.

In addition I would like the userform to have a facility to add a new record and to edit an existing record without allowing the user to change the named range in an ad hoc way.

Finally the userform list has a blank last column which needs a text box on the form to allow the user to fill it in with a max say 256 characters before pressing OK.

I already have code to fix the width of the data column on the sheet but need to link the text box to that cloumn/record

If anyone can suggest some code to help I have searched the forum but cannot find anything specific to my reques (that I could adapt with limited knowledge of VBA). Thank you if you can help.

Regards

V

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back