Once the row has calculated, I want it to accept values and not recalculate until certain conditions met

steveanders86

Hello all,
I have a spreadsheet for our processing plant that brings in real-time data from our plant through PI datalink. Every day we have to open the spreadsheet, enter in manual data, calculate and report the values. Once the month is over, we compile all the data, clear entries, and start over with a new month.
The problem is the spreadsheet is giant and takes a very long time to calculate each time I need to update anything. I'm not a computer expert but it seems reasonable to me that there is a way to tell excel that once the day has passed, accept the values and don't calculate anymore.
I already have IF-statements in my cells to make sure that it only calculates rows up to the current day but if I could also tell it to stop once the day has past, it would greatly increase the calculation speed and our productivity.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Or try copy and paste as values for previous entries? If you ever forget to turn auto calculate on again the numbers won't update and you could be using wrong data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back