One Excel FIle. Two different PCs. Formatting is different. Help!

richardcoco

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone.
I am in need of some Excel guru enlightenment. This is an issue which has had some bad history amongst myself and a client of mine, and I can't seem to knock it on the head.
We have a file originally an 03-07 excel format, which seems to have problems regarding the size and formatting of the drop down boxes.
On my machine, it doesn't have any problems.
On both his Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines, it does.
At the moment I have Office 365 installed and he has Office 2016, however I did manage to temporarily install Office 365 as well onto his machine (and removed it since), but the same issue kept reoccurring.
Please have a look at the screenshots linked via imgur as i could not attach them due to their size.

I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.
Thank You.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Are you using the same font and language settings for defaults. Alsdo are monitor screen sizes the same, dpi etc

Upvote 0
Are you using the same font and language settings for defaults. Alsdo are monitor screen sizes the same, dpi etc

Hello mole999

When I did install Office 365, i left all settings as default.
The monitors on the machine that is affected, one of them (the main screen) is 1920x1080 and the other is at max resolution of 1680x1050.
Also ensured that the sale was set to 100%.
Windows fonts and language settings are both set to be the same (English Australian).

Richard

Upvote 0
so if ypu know what size your screen was when built and force the one you will be viewing onto to the same resolution that should show why there is an issue, just guessing but I think highly likely

Upvote 0
so if ypu know what size your screen was when built and force the one you will be viewing onto to the same resolution that should show why there is an issue, just guessing but I think highly likely

I wish it was so, but it wasn't.
i even went as far as updating the display drivers on both machines, disabling the second screen on my clients computer, matching all specs as much as possible but to no avail.
even opening the files on a different profile on their same machine does not make a difference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back