One for later - navigation

MARK858

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I know it won't happen soon as you will probably have more issues to deal with as it is a new board but somewhere down the line can you see if it is possible to freeze the New posts bar (not sure what it is called properly, I assume that it is the navigation bar) at the top of the page to aid navigation. Thanks.

1574034212337.png

@MARK858, it is already there in the fixed top navigation bar.

Please click on the drop down arrow right next to the menu item, you will see it as the first option.

1574114732331.png

Same thing for all the other actions in different drop downs on the fixed top bar.

Hi smozgur, I suppose that is a better option than me scrolling up but still not as easy as the old forum when we had direct buttons for our subscribed threads and posts without replies ( now watched threads (which is in the bar I mentioned so it was obviously thought to be important enough to have direct access to when you enter the forum) and unread I suppose are the nearest equivalents) in the navigation area, both of which are used a lot more than the Members dropdown (and anything under the Members dropdown) which is currently fixed there when using the forum.

As I stated it isn't important enough to be looked at now while the new forum is in it's infancy and the technical issues that entails but I do think it does need reviewing at some stage.

which is in the bar I mentioned so it was obviously thought to be important enough to have direct access to when you enter the forum
Actually the above probably isn't a deliberate action as implied above, it is probably only there when you enter the forum as you have to get there via one of the "Forum" options. I still think that there should be direct access to the most used options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back