one pivot table from two sources?

cjmitton

Board Regular
I'm new to pivot tables and have currently only set them up from the Wizard when I get data from my DB. This has worked fine so far but I have been set a challange from my manager to provide a pivot table which takes information from two separate data downloads.

First download has loads of entries in that I will need sub total (they are lots of financial entries) these entries are linked by two fields a customer number and a job number.
The other download is for the invoice system, we may have one or more invoice associated to the same customer and job number again I will have to sub total them.

Then in the one pivot table have the customer number, job number, sub total of the financial entries (download 1) and sub total of all invoice (download two).

I can do this without pivot tables but the want to drill down to the various entries in either download one or two to they can compare. I've tried a few google searches but they have not come up with anything relevent and maybe its my terminology that wrong (as it usually is!).

I'm using Excel 2010!

Any assistance to aim me in the right direction would be great.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Check out PowerPivot. That is exactly what it was made to do. After all, you are in the PowerPivot forum. :eek:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for that, I just saw 'pivot' and my mind did the rest!!!!

I've had a few late nights due to an issue here at the office so will look in more detail tomorrow when I've had some sleep and my brain is working.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back