One search criteria ID, several results with the same ID

SuperRookie

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I hope this is not already resolved somewhere else. It seems really complicated to me to be honest, I know it shouldnt be for someone with more expertice.

I have a table on which I have the Service Stop for several distribution points from my customer. This table looks something like this without all the private/unneeded information:

TABLE A
1592603716792.png

On this table I have the Location ID´s which are the only way that I can match the information on here with the next table. On the next table I have several different informations (too many, some duplicated in columns). I also have the Location ID like I said before, problem here for me is that every charge line contains the Location ID.

Lets say that from the table above for instance, I have 2 charges and 2 credits for Location ID on A3. I tried a vlookup but it will only return the 1st charge, and I will be missing 3 charge lines because the only way to identify them is the Location ID.

I put together another example table to try to better explain myself. (not native in English)

TABLE B
1592604110176.png

As you can now see what I was trying to explain, for the same ID Location "IDTCBSABUEIDT09R02" I have: Type 1 Charge, Type 2 Charge, Credit Type 1 and Credit Type 2.

What I need is to be able to use TABLE A to pull the information from TABLE B. Note that, on the real scenario I have over 100 service stops that I need to identify with all the information out of a table with 2000 rows. This analysis will need to be done monthly back dated to December 2019 and for the rest of 2020.

What I was looking for is a sheet I can use as template to insert the information from table B, which is produced monthly, to automatically add the information to TABLE A with all charge lines.

Once I´m able to filter the information what I want is to create a Pivot table to than manually (I dont know how else) pass the information to a 4th sheet where I can make a monthly comparison.

Thank you for your help!

SuperRookie

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Welcome on board. Would you please check out this link so to use XL2BB to post your tables? That'd save people tremendous amount of time by not re-typing the tables. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back