One tab cells 'ghosting' or 'bleeding' through to another tab - no data, just a pic of a cell section

jfarc

I have a large workbook that contains macros and many tabs. The workbook is in the .xls format. This problem happens when running on different PC's running Win7 or Win10, Excel2016 or Office365. I've read many posts on this and other forums and this is not a problem that has anything to do with having multiple tabs selected at the same time.

When I'm in [Sheet3] and hit a button I've set up to take the user to [Sheet1], then when there in [Sheet1] the user will perform various data entry functions (enter data in a cell and hit <tab> or <enter> or may also hit the <delete> key to delete data already in the current cell, etc.) a picture of only a section of cells from [Sheet3] will appear on the currently viewed tab [Sheet1]. No actual data is being transferred from one tab to another, it is simply a screen shot of a section of cells from [Sheet3].

Usually this screen shot from [Sheet3] only flashes for a split second on the current view of [Sheet1], yet other times this screen shot will stay, thus blocking the view of some of the cells on [Sheet1]. It won't prevent me from keying in data into the actual cells in [Sheet1], you just can't see these cells because they are being blocked by this phantom screen shot.

Although, if I simply <pgDn> then <PgUp>, the screen shot picture of the other tab disappears. Very strange.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi - I am currently experiencing this same issue, did you find a resolution? Best regards, Jason.

Upvote 0
Hey jasonr7,

I played around with this problem quite a bit and stumbled upon the below fix:

This was the flow of my code:

Starting from the "Sheet3", the user would click a button that would execute the below code:

VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

'...  multiple things would happen here
'...  files would open and paste data into Sheet1
'...  and during this code it would also Select one or two
'...  other sheets depending upon variables and process data
'...  etc, etc.
'...  at the end of the above code I would simply have the line to select the "Sheet1"

Sheets("Sheet1").Select

At this point if the user tried to enter data, the bleeding of some cells from "Sheet3" would appear somewhere on "Sheet1".

But I saw if I made the final change at the bottom of the above code to this:

VBA Code:
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

'...  multiple things would happen here
'...  etc, etc.
'...  this time I simply added the Select back to "Sheet3" before "Sheet1"

Sheets("Sheet3").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

So, if I simply added the line to Select back to Sheet3 before I selected Sheet1 once again, the screen bleeding would go away.

I would like to understand what is really causing this, but at least for now it is gone.

Let me know if it works for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back