One value per cell, need all results from another sheet?

platinumstorm

Hi guys, I've searched all over Google and the internet, maybe with the wrong wording on what specifically I'm attempting to do (not uncommon for me lol). I'll try to explain it the best I can here. I have a workbook called Looper-Dynamic. Within this WB, I have (In_Possession, KFLoopers, Tables, Counts, KFDaily_Win). The In_Possesion sheet is every unit (To keep it general) we physically have on-hand. This sheet has columns for a box number, tray number, serial number, general reason for failure, specific reason, and a customer complaint. (A-F). This sheet grabs information from the KFLoopers file and then sorts it into the aforementioned trays and boxes. The Tables and counts aren't relevant here, so I'll disregard them for now. KFDaily_Win is my sheet that automatically requests the updated text file we receive daily, and updates the units based on that. KFLoopers trims, and narrows down what the KFDaily file contains into the columns I use (Serial, General reason, Specific reason, customer notes). I have units that have multiple General Reasons (Column D) and my In_Possession sheet is using VLOOKUP for each serial number as we scan it in. Obviously, VLOOKUP misses the multiple results, and grabs the first one it "sees". How can I get ALL the results from ONE serial number to either populate next to each other, or create new rows, or otherwise make it obvious that there are more than 1 "hit" per serial number?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
sorry for the delay in a reply, I don't have access to youtube on the work computers. Thank you for the help. I'll try that out

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back