Onedrive with 10 users. How to store the login simultaneously.?

quarna

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I have a workbook with a starting userform where the users select their name to login via combobox that is linked to a cell where name is stored.

So now you can save data to a row via buttons and do printouts via buttons.
But if another user are loggin in at the same time, that name from the combobox is getting stored at the same cell, so now the first user hast lost thier signature for printout, saving data etc.

I have not tried it yet, as the workbook isnt finished for sharing, but i am thinking that is how it will turnout at the moment.

So every PC that are opening the workbook will have their own unique name stored in a cell that i can use to log printouts etc.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Not sure I understand the issue completely but it sounds like you have to either
a) store each value in a different place
b) store each value in a custom collection or a dictionary object or an array
c) store each value in a tempVars collection
The array would be the easiest to create but will allow dupes if you don't code to prevent it. The collection will prevent the addition of a value that is already there but there is no easy test for existing values (beyond attempting and trapping any resulting error) if you need that. The dictionary provides for an easy test for existing but you must rely on dictionary keys for uniqueness. I don't know much about the TempVars collection.
HTH.

Upvote 0
When workbook_open
A userform is loaded where you select a name from a list.
that name is beeing used as a signature, when printing.

I have a sheetA where data is written and and saved to sheetB in rows.
These data can be loaded back to sheetA when needed.
From sheetA i am able to print out a PDF with a signature. That signature comes from the list of names on startup.

But if multiple people are opening the workbook at the same time, that cell where the name is stored is overwriten ?.

I hope this makes a little more sense.

Upvote 0
A bit, but it doesn't change my answer too much - except to add an option to get the Windows logged on user name and then lookup the signature in the sheet that matches it. Perhaps review as a start

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back