Only partial data obtained from connection with Access 2007

mccloy1285

Hi,

I have a data connection in Excel 2007 linked with an Access 2007 file. On my computer it works fine but on my colleagues computer it doesn't quite work.

When he opens and updates the file, the linked table deletes some data. In the table once it gets past 13/08/2015 it does not produce any data until 01/09/2015, there are no blank rows but just missing data during this period. This missing data means that #REF! errors are produced in cells which use these dates when I run data refreshes and macros.

When I open the sheet again and refresh the missing dates 13/08/2015-01/09/2015 are then populated and this removes the #REF! error and the sheet works fine. This isn't a critical issue but its annoying that something isn't quite going right on his computer.

Thanks I really appreciate your help.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Found the problem for anyone interested, the date on my computer was set up to English UK, i.e. the 13th August was 13/08/2015, whereas on my colleagues computer they had the English US format of 08/13/2015.
This meant that the 13/08/2015 coming from the access database was not recognized as there are not 13 months in a year. Took me a long time to figure this out so hope it helps someone and saves them a lot of time!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back