only run macro on worksheet if value in cell A2 then on next worksheet in range

ronjo

I have a macro that works fine. I wish to run it on 12 worksheets one after the other but only if cell A2 of the active worksheet has data in otherwise go to next worksheet in the range and run the macro. In other words go to the first sheet in the array of sheets, test cell A2 and if blank skip to next sheet. If A2 has value run the macro then go to next sheet and so on until all 12 sheets have been processed. The reason is the macro crashes if it hits an empty sheet and cell A2 is always going to have a value if the sheet has data. There are other sheets in the workbook so I need to be able to specify the array of sheets somehow. Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I think something like this should be what you want.

<font face=Courier New><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Testing()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> wsList<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <br>    wsList = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Rearrange") <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'<-- List of sheets to check here</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">UBound</SPAN>(wsList)<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Sheets(wsList(i))<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> .Range("A2").Value <> "" <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>                <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'Rest of your code goes here</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br></FONT>

Upvote 0
Thanks very much Peter. It did not do exactly what was wanted but pointed me in the right direction. I wanted the result of the macro on the sheet that it was calculating but the results appeared in the "G" column of whatever sheet was active at the time of running the code. Thanks again for taking the trouble to answer my query. Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back