Only show most recent month?

Allan_T

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I will start off by saying I'm no prodigy when it comes to excel, in fact, I'm more like the prodigies long lost second cousin that's been twice removed from the family who everyone avoids because they have a weird fascination with spoons. What I've learnt so far has helped a great deal, however somethings still elude and confuse me.

For instance, I have a pivot table based off of automatically acquired data from a source. I want this pivot table to only show the most recent month in the data but without any human interaction, I also want this to update anytime a new information is added to the source. Is this possible? If not, perhaps there is another way to obtain this information?

Thank you for your time,
Allan.T

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hi Allan,

If your pivot table has a Month column you can use the filter button on the pivot table Month header then choose Date filters/This Month

Upvote 0
Hi Allan,

or you could include the date in Values box and get maximum date.

Then you could use TOP 10 function as shown below to display the latest date.

1629243311101.png

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
Hi Allan,

If your pivot table has a Month column you can use the filter button on the pivot table Month header then choose Date filters/This Month
Is there anyway to make this autodetect the latest month? I know I can use the filters to change what is shown on the table, though how to have it automatically do it is my aim. Is this even possible?

Hi Allan,

or you could include the date in Values box and get maximum date.

Then you could use TOP 10 function as shown below to display the latest date.

View attachment 45066

Kind regards

Saba

My apologies, I didn't mention that it's stated as the name of the month, i.e "August", "September" etc.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the double-post but it would seem I am unable to edit my previous post.

If I change the Month's to a value format, would it sum up the "top 10" or can I have the option to display all the fields within the "top 10"?

My apologies, I normally have someone mentoring me as he showed me around the workplace, but sadly he passed recently, I'm just trying to finish our last project.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back