Only sum what is shown in table

Craigc3814

Board Regular
I have some very simple data and I have created no measures whatsoever.

I am working with 2 tables. One called project table, one called budget table.

When we first started we dummied in a few projects and they were never removed from the project or budget table.

I filtered them out in my project table then added all projects to my matrix/table in my powerbi visual

when I add forecasted over/under to the matrix/table it brings in the correct values but totals them wrong. It is the obvious issue of PowerBI summing everything on the budget table not just what is shown in the matrix and I do not know how to fix because again this is not a measure I created,it is just summarizing one column from the data.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

sandy666

post an example of source data (two tables) and expected result
it can be via link to the shared excel file from google drive or one drive or any other service

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmuir12

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...