Open 1 WorkBook with 2 WorkSheets from TextBoxes

Andresleo47

Board Regular
Hi Community! I am trying to open one Workbook with the 2 TimeSheets in the attached TextBoxes.

This is the code I have for now, but it's giving me an error:

Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Workbooks.Add.SaveAs Filename:="ThisWeek.xlsx"
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add Count:=1

With Sheets("Sheet1")
Workbooks.Open .TextBox1.Text
End With
With Sheets("Sheet2")
Workbooks.Open .TextBox2.Text
End With
End Sub

Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 10
How about this:

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'
    Dim ClosedWorkbookSheetName As String
    Dim FileExtention           As String
    Dim NewWorkbookName         As String
    Dim SheetWithTextBoxes      As String
    Dim ClosedSourceWorkbook    As Workbook
'
    FileExtention = ".xlsx"                                                                 ' <--- Set this to the file extention of workbook to be created
    NewWorkbookName = "ThisWeek"                                                            ' <--- Set this to the name of the workbook to be created
    ClosedWorkbookSheetName = "report"                                                      ' <--- Set this to the sheet name in the closed workbook
    SheetWithTextBoxes = "Import Files"                                                     ' <--- Set this to the sheet name that contains the TextBoxes
'
    Workbooks.Add.SaveAs Filename:=NewWorkbookName & FileExtention                          ' Create/Name/save New Workbook
'
    ThisWorkbook.Activate                                                                   ' Reactivate this workbook
'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False                                                      ' Turn ScreenUpdating off
'
    Set ClosedSourceWorkbook = Workbooks.Open(Sheets(SheetWithTextBoxes).TextBox2.Value)    ' Get value from TextBox to open the source file
'
'   Copy sheet to beginning of the newly created workbook
    ClosedSourceWorkbook.Sheets(ClosedWorkbookSheetName).Copy Before:=Workbooks(NewWorkbookName & FileExtention).Sheets(1)
    ClosedSourceWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False                                           ' Close the source workbook
'
    ThisWorkbook.Activate                                                                   ' Reactivate this workbook
'
    Set ClosedSourceWorkbook = Workbooks.Open(Sheets(SheetWithTextBoxes).TextBox1.Value)    ' Get value from TextBox to open the source file
'
'   Copy sheet to beginning of the newly created workbook
    ClosedSourceWorkbook.Sheets(ClosedWorkbookSheetName).Copy Before:=Workbooks(NewWorkbookName & FileExtention).Sheets(1)
    ClosedSourceWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False                                           ' Close the source workbook
'
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False                                                       ' Turn off DisplayAlerts to avoid sheet deletion warning
    Sheets("Sheet1").Delete                                                                 ' Delete Sheet1 from the newly created workbook
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True                                                        ' Turn DisplayAlerts back on
'
    ActiveWorkbook.Close True                                                               ' Save newly created file and close
'
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True                                                       ' Turn ScreenUpdating back on
End
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi, thanks so much! This definitely worked.

Do you think I can keep the resultant file open? It does what it's required, but when the macro's done it closes the file. Much appreciated!!

Upvote 0
Glad to help @Andresleo47.

Did you read the comments I put in on the right side of the lines of code? If you do, you should be able to figure out which line of code closes the result file. Then you can disable/delete that line.

If you can't figure it out, lemme know.

Upvote 0
Glad to help @Andresleo47.

Did you read the comments I put in on the right side of the lines of code? If you do, you should be able to figure out which line of code closes the result file. Then you can disable/delete that line.

If you can't figure it out, lemme know.

Hi, thanks, I'm assuming it's this one in the attached?

If I change it to False, it keeps closing the file. Not a huge deal, though.

Thanks,

Andres

Attachments

• Capture20.PNG
    Capture20.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
Hi, thanks, I'm assuming it's this one in the attached?

If I change it to False, it keeps closing the file. Not a huge deal, though.

You are correct! That is the line. That line is going to close the file, the true/false is the answer to if you want to save the file prior to closing. It will close the file regardless.

You can disable that line by putting an apostrophe at the beginning of that line, or you can delete the line. Those two options, apostrophe or deletion, will keep the file open for you.

Upvote 0
If you want to save it at that point without closing it, replace:

VBA Code:
    ActiveWorkbook.Close True                                                               ' Save newly created file and close

with:

VBA Code:
   ActiveWorkbook.Save

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for everything. Your help, support, patience and advice is absolutely appreciated.

Take care, and Happy holidays!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back