Open access database after excel closes

ElkySS

Board Regular
I have an excel file that I have to open and update at the top of each hour. I open it and toss in some data and hit save. On save it runs some macros and normalizes the data. Then I have to close it and run an access database that formats the data, looks up current goals, and gives a bunch of % to goal data in a nice form that is easy for the masses to look at. Is there an easy way to add a macro (or some thing like that) that will open the database AFTER excel has closed? I was thinking of a bat file but not sure if there was a better way. Both the excel file and the database go into the same folder and location on each users computer if that changes anything.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Open it just before the Excel file closes, then you can use the Workbook_BeforeClose event handler.

Upvote 0
not sure why I did not try that before. I was stuck on it happening after. it seems to work but now I have to make some changes in access because the format of excel data has changed.

Upvote 0
It's often the case that you need to vocalise the problem in order to understand it properly. I used to work in an office which had a six-foot cardboard cut-out of a man wearing a smart suit which had formerly stood in a tailor's shop. If anyone ever asked for help or advice with a problem, the standard response was, "Have you asked The Cardboard Programmer?" You'd have to shuffle him over to your desk and explain the problem to him as if he were a real person and quite often, in doing so, you'd realise what the answer was without bothering any of your colleagues!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back