Open all sheets in current sheet

Excelexcel86

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi guys my issue is I have created a macro on every sheet in a workbook to get most recent csv data from a folder I have then assigned this to a button that when clicked opens up into another sheet .this is fine if the person only wants to look at that specific data. The issue I have got is in my workbook I have created a master sheet where I have inserted a module that contains the following

Sub runall ()
Call sheet1.openlatestfile
Call sheet2.openlatestfile
Call sheet3.openlatestfile

And so on till sheet 62 but this opens all sheets separately I would like it to open in into one sheet any help with code for this please

Hi I’ve managed to get part of it working but it is saying it’s only getting a couple from my file path then comes up with an error saying can’t find data even tho it is in the correct path I gave

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
H
So in the below piece of code and annotation:
VBA Code:
Set wsD = Sheets("Run All") '''''' Sheet to write values to (***Create this sheet***)
Set wsFiles = Sheets("Files") '''''' list of paths (column A) (***Create this sheet***)

You need to create a sheet called 'Run All', this sheet will hold the data from all of the seperate files
You also need to create a sheet called 'Files' and list your file paths in column A starting at row 2, the (Column A) part was to let you know where to place the file paths in the sheet named 'Files'
Hi it doesn’t go through all my file paths it stops on certain ones but if I put that file it stops on in my files sheet on its own it opens fine

Upvote 0
H
So in the below piece of code and annotation:
VBA Code:
Set wsD = Sheets("Run All") '''''' Sheet to write values to (***Create this sheet***)
Set wsFiles = Sheets("Files") '''''' list of paths (column A) (***Create this sheet***)

You need to create a sheet called 'Run All', this sheet will hold the data from all of the seperate files
You also need to create a sheet called 'Files' and list your file paths in column A starting at row 2, the (Column A) part was to let you know where to place the file paths in the sheet named 'Files'
Hi it doesn’t go through all my file paths it stops on certain ones but if I put that file it stops on in my files sheet on its own it opens fine
H

it highlights set wb = workbooks.open (mypath & latestfile)

Upvote 0
It was untested pseudo code, i have tested it today and made it run with files at my end. Give the below a test:
VBA Code:
Sub openalllatestfiles()
    Dim mypath As String
    Dim myfile As String
    Dim latestfile As String
    Dim latestdate As Date
    Dim wb As Workbook, ws As Worksheet '''''' new dims
    Dim wsD As Worksheet ''''''''''' new dims
    Dim rCell As Range, wsFiles As Worksheet
    Dim land As Date

For Each rCell In wsFiles.Range("A2:A" & wsFiles.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Cells
        mypath = rCell.Value
        If Right(mypath, 1) <> "\" Then mypath = mypath & "\"
        myfile = Dir(mypath & "*.csv", vbNormal)
        If Len(myfile) = 0 Then
            Exit Sub
        End If
        Do While Len(myfile) > 0
            land = Format(FileDateTime(mypath & myfile), "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
            If land > latestdate Then
                latestfile = myfile
                latestdate = Format(land, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
            End If
            myfile = Dir
        Loop
        latestdate = 0
        Set wb = Workbooks.Open(mypath & latestfile) ' capture opened workbook
        Set ws = wb.Sheets(1) ' capture sheet1 of opened workbook
        ws.UsedRange.Offset(1).Copy ' copy the range from the opened workbook
        wsD.Range("A" & wsD.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues ' paste data into Run All sheet
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        wb.Close False ' close the opned workbook without save
    Next rCell
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
If I make changes to these sheets it don’t save over the original does it

Upvote 0
If you change the data in the 'Run All' tab it will not change the files in the folders. We opened each one in the code and extracted data so the 'Run All' tab is just data.

Upvote 0
Hi is there a way to modify this code and use it to get the most recent from different files in a share point folder ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back