Open, insert data , rename, save and print batch

jakewatson

Hi Guru's/Geniuses,

I have a template which uses VLookup to get data from a master spreadsheet. All of the lookup data is from a list of code numbers on the master spreadsheet.
I need to be able to:

1. Open the template
2. Insert the code number
3. Save the file as the code number (plus possibly another generic text string, for example "Reference number T34876"
4. Print the document (Although I can batch this if necessary separately)
5. Re-open the template and start the process again with the next code number on the spreadsheet.

I have a few hundred to do so am looking for a Batch solution, but haven't used any kind of VBA/Macro in the past. So any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Hope That all makes sense, thanks in advance!!!

sergioMabres

Hi Jake,
Run this after you enter your code number
Code:
Sub RunAfterEnterCodeNumber()
'
' Run this after you enter the code number in B2
'
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
        "C:\Users\...\Code-" & Range("b2").Value & ".xlsm" _
        , FileFormat:=xlOpenXMLWorB2kbookMacroEnabled, CreateBackup:=False
    Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\...Template.xlsm"
End Sub
I do not know where you template is so I use3 C:\Users\...\, change it with your real value
I do not know where the code mumbrer is so I use B2, change it with your real value
Cheers
Sergio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankur Teotia

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...