Open Multiple Hyperlinks

How_Do_I

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all, I have a workbook that contains multiple hyperlinks in a column... I've looked online but none of the VBA code that I've found will open my links... An ideas please?

A working hyperlink from my workbook is: "=HYPERLINK(INDEX(List!B:B,MATCH(D11,List!C:C,0)),D11)"

As I mentioned, on this particular worksheet all the hyperlinks are in the same column and all the hyperlinks open .pdf files...

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Here you go. I do not fully understand what it is you are trying to do with the Index/Match functions.

VBA Code:
Sub Open_Link()
Dim iCell As Range

For Each iCell In Range("A2:A1000")
If Not IsEmpty(iCell) Then
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink iCell.Value
End If
Next iCell

End Sub

Upvote 0
Here you go. I do not fully understand what it is you are trying to do with the Index/Match functions.

Thanks for that COwen, the Index and Match are getting the File Path from a different sheet... If I use your code on the cells contain the File Path it works...

I'll have to think about amending my workbook but is there a way of specifying the range that I want to open please?

Upvote 0
What is the range you want to open?

Upvote 0
If the cell does not contain the file path, but all the files are in the same folder, then you can use code like:
VBA Code:
Sub Open_Link()
Dim iCell As Range

For Each iCell In Range("A2:A1000")
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\Users\Documents\" & iCell.Value & ".pdf"
End If
Next iCell

End Sub

Upvote 0
The range (in this case) is A2:A1000. You could make the same range dynamic, if you like, with the following formula. First, go to the formulas tab, and click on name manager. Click "New..." and then enter a name (e.g. LinkCells) then copy and paste the following formula: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,,,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000),1). The "1" at the end of the formula is the number of columns to the right of your selection (which should contain only one column [e.g. A, B, C...]). If you would like to make the range A2:B1000, the formula follows: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,,,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000),2).

The syntax to reference this in the code is "...For Each iCell In Range("[Name]")...

Upvote 0
What is the range you want to open?

Hello COwen… I used your code and something else I found... That is working however the issue I have now is I'm using a filter to get the exact files that I want to open however, the code is opening all the files... So if the full pathname is in B7 and the last one in B10 due to the filter, the code is opening B7, B8, B9 and B10...

This is the code I'm using:

Sub Test_Open_Link()
Dim WorkRng As Range
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
For Each iCell In WorkRng
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink iCell.Value
End If
Next iCell
End Sub

Upvote 0
Sure. The code is opening all of the cells in the specified range. I will work on something for filtered cells.

Upvote 0
Do you want to use an inputbox, or is that an attempt to work around the filtered cells?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back