Open VBA with a Command Button on a UserForm

geno32080

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm experimenting with UserForms, I built a UesrForm that loads a Main Menu Home screen when the program is launched. Since UserForms do not minimize when a Sheet is selected, you have to write in the code to include UserForm.Hide. and UserForm .Show when accessing and exiting the Sheets. I would like to be able to open the VBA Editor from a Command Button on the Main Menu. Is that possible? I have found very little about this subject on the net.
As always I thank you for any assistance.

Main Menu
1641858372152.png
(Click to open from this button)

Open This

1641858483550.png

AFAIK, it should make your code project case insensitive. It does in Access.
My comment also had to do with other code I was playing with last night, where something wasn't working because I wrote "sheet1". Changed it to "Sheet1" on a hunch and it worked. I probably should have said, "Then I was reminded that Excel seems case sensitive." Mind you, I didn't have Option Compare set at that time, so I'd have to do it again to see if it makes any difference. Probably won't though. I'm much more proficient in Access vba; thought I'd try helping out with Excel vba out of curiosity. Not sure if it's a great idea or not. :unsure:

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I'm much more proficient in Access vba; thought I'd try helping out with Excel vba out of curiosity. Not sure if it's a great idea or not. :unsure:

I may be wrong but, excel forums are usually busier than their other office applications counterparts so they tend to offer more opportunities for learning, teaching and for keeping your mind sharp ?

Upvote 0
I guess it depends on which ones you belong to. I keep busy here with Access threads (which are few and far between) and elsewhere. One of the most prevalent Access issues is when someone's workbook outgrows its capabilities, they port over to Access and wonder why tables designed like spreadsheets make poor databases! By the time you gently tell them it's designed all wrong, they're so far into it that they have little desire to start over.
Hope we're not hijacking this thread...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back