Opening a new workbook gets me a screen with multiple iterations of a worksheet that goes off to the right until Excel reaches the end of the end.

rsatterleec

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Normally when I open Excel and select Blank Workbook the screen fills with a single page. I can see the full page left to right and top to bottom. Until I choose some other format characteristic, that's what I get.
Now when I select Blank Workbook the screen fills with about 4 pages to the right in which direction the pages are multiple ad infinitum. And below the page breaks of those top row pages are partial pages down ad infinitum.
I believe some switch got inadvertently selected. I have looked at most of all of the ribbon items on the top trying to see something meaningful that I might have inadvertently chosen, but I have no idea what I am looking for as I have never seen this format situation before. I am really content with my one page beginning and find that all of this reiteration both to the right and down is very distracting.
Zoom is set to 100% and any greater zoom is not helpful.
Tried to upload and image, but it was too large...hmmmmm. What's a Mini-sheet?
Richard

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Normally when I open Excel and select Blank Workbook the screen fills with a single page. I can see the full page left to right and top to bottom. Until I choose some other format characteristic, that's what I get.
Now when I select Blank Workbook the screen fills with about 4 pages to the right in which direction the pages are multiple ad infinitum. And below the page breaks of those top row pages are partial pages down ad infinitum.
I believe some switch got inadvertently selected. I have looked at most of all of the ribbon items on the top trying to see something meaningful that I might have inadvertently chosen, but I have no idea what I am looking for as I have never seen this format situation before. I am really content with my one page beginning and find that all of this reiteration both to the right and down is very distracting.
Zoom is set to 100% and any greater zoom is not helpful.
Tried to upload and image, but it was too large...hmmmmm. What's a Mini-sheet?
Richard

Is this perhaps what you are seeing?

Screenshot 2022-08-29 140647.png

And a mini sheet is when you use XL2BB to upload sample data for helpers to work with... here is a link on how it works... XL2BB

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back