Opening an earlier file cause certain links to show old value

L

Legacy 386498

Hi all,

I have an Excel file for the month end where I compare the data from this month to last year, for the actual month and year-to-date. When I open an earlier Excel file, certain links don't show the correct value anymore, I have to reopen the source file so that the correct value shows up again and it's always the data from last year that's causing problem.

So for example, if my file for March 2019 is ready and I open my file for January 2019, my value for March YTD 2018 will change to those of January YTD 2018 and I need to open my source of 2018 so that the value for March YTD 2018 comes back.

It's like Excel is saving old value or something. The file for YTD 2018 is a file where I need to write 1, 2, etc. for the month and the last column will add whichever month depending on the number, so I write 3 and it adds the value of January to March together. Does someone know what could cause this sort of behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back