Opening MP3 files without security warning

abtabt

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I need some help with opening mp3 files. I have along list of mp3 files, each has a different file path. I have a cell in each row that has a hyperlink to launch the mp3. This works, but every time I open an mp3 file I get a security warning. I’ve exhausted every option I can think of to turn off this error, nothing seems to work.

My next approach is a macro to launch the mp3. This works and doesn’t have any security warning, the issue here is it is not very intuitive having a single button not near the row. I tried the same approach with an activex button aligned to a cell in the active row. This worked great until I discovered that the code that moves the button to the current row also kills undo so that’s out.

The third option was a hyperlink referencing its own cell and running a macro that opens the mp3. This also works without the security warning, but this means I’d have to create a hyperlink in every row, fill down doesn’t dynamically change the reference.

So that’s where I’m at. Each approach is close but has a deal breaker problem.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
You may use a worksheet event like double click and launch the file via the Workbook.FollowHyperlink method​
with its Address parameter allocated by the content of the cell, to see in VBA help …​

Upvote 0
You may use a worksheet event like double click and launch the file via the Workbook.FollowHyperlink method​
with its Address parameter allocated by the content of the cell, to see in VBA help …​
Thanks. I've tried this and it works, but I need a hyperlink for every row, how can I fill down the cell and have the link dynamically update?

Upvote 0
No need to create any hyperlink if you double click on a cell containing the mp3 full path​
so just requiring some codeline like ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Target.Text as explained in VBA help …​

Upvote 0
No need to create any hyperlink if you double click on a cell containing the mp3 full path​
so just requiring some codeline like ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Target.Text as explained in VBA help …​
Sorry, I misunderstood. That's double click is probably not going to work, I need something more obvious like a link or a button.

Upvote 0
I found a solution using Workbook.FollowHyperlink, if you create a hyperlink object that links to a file with the address of a ? question marks it works without an absolute reference. This can then be copied to whatever cells you like.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back